Unique ID field: How to Set up & Use
The Unique ID field is a business-saving field when it comes to making sure orders, tickets, reservations, confirmations, etc. are all organized and labeled. This field can be visible or invisible for respondents and it is especially useful when you need to tag every submission with a dynamic ID value.
1. Select your form
To add a Unique ID Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Unique ID Field
You’ll find the Unique ID Field in the builder’s Element toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
3. Edit the Unique ID Field
Make sure the Unique ID Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to be visible to users or be invisible to users.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the what the content of the field means (Customer ID, Ticket ID, Order Number, etc.).
Plus Advanced Settings, that include:
- Numbers/letters: Each ID can be comprised of only numbers or only numbers and letters.
- Number of symbols: Set how many symbols/characters each ID should have.
- Prefix: Keep track of different sets of IDs by adding a unique prefix here.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: