Matrix Scale field: Set up for Choices or Likert Scale
Close-ended questions can offer a lot more variety and complexity for a respondent to choose from. It more commonly asks people to rate their experience (good, fair, poor, etc.).1. Select your form
To add a Matrix Scale Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Matrix Scale Field
You’ll find the Matrix Scale Field in the builder’s Toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
3. Edit the Matrix Scale Field
Make sure the Matrix Scale Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users, or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
You can edit the Options directly into the field itself, or here in Settings and replace the placeholder text ("Option 1", "Option 2", "Option 3").
If you select some of the options and want to deselect them, just click "Deselect All".
You can edit the choices directly into the field itself, or here in Settings and replace the placeholder text.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: