Number field: How to set up & edit
If you want to add a field to your online form that asks for the user to fill in some kind of Number, the Number field already includes settings that will help you.
1. Select your form
To add a Number Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Number Field
You’ll find the Number Field in the builder’s Element toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
Pro tip: You can use the Number field to allow donors to set custom donation values.
3. Edit the Number Field
Make sure the Number Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Description: You can add a more descriptive text here, it will show below the field in the published form.
- Placeholder: Some text that shows on your field until your user fills it in.
- Default Value: The text that will show on your field by default.
Plus Advanced Settings, that include:
- Enable 'Add More': You can allow your respondents to add more than one response for the same field.
- Max. Length: Set a maximum character limit to the response.
- Min. Length: Set a minimum requirement for the response.
- Min. Value: Set a more specific minimum value.
- Max. Value: Set a more specific maximum value limit to the response.
- Type: Set up the number format.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Select icon: Add an icon to your field's label.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: