Date/Time Field: How to Use & Edit
From setting a time for an appointment, or receiving specific dates from respondents, the Date/Time field makes it super easy for respondents to make a selection straight from a calendar.1. Select your form
To add a Date/Time Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
You’ll find the Date/Time Field in the builder’s Element toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
Pro tip: Use the Date/Time field with the Google Calendar integration to automatically create events in your calendar app.
3. Edit the Date/Time Field
Make sure the Date/Time Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Description: You can add a more descriptive text here, it will show below the field in the published form.
- Placeholder: Some text that shows on your field until your user fills it in.
- Enable 'Add More': You can allow your respondents to add more than one response for the same field.
- Type: Set up validation for the field, this can be to just select a Date, Date & Time, or just Time.
- Format: Once you select a type, you can choose different formats on how the result will be displayed, this includes choosing between showing time in 12-hour or 24-hour format.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Min. (not less than): You can choose to set a limit to how far back the Date response can be.
- Max. (not greater than): You can choose to set a limit to how far ahead the Date response can be.
- Select icon: Add an icon to your field's label.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.