Phone Field: How to Set Up & Edit
Add a Phone field to your forms as an additional communication method with your respondents.
1. Select your form
To add a Phone Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Phone Field
You’ll find the Phone Field in the builder’s Toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
3. Edit the Phone Field
Make sure the Phone Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users, or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Placeholder: Switch ON or OFF for an example phone number to appear.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Description: You can add a more descriptive text here, it will show below the field in the published form.
Plus Advanced Settings, that include:
- Detect Country Code: Leave ON so your form includes the country code based on your respondents IP address.
- Enable 'Add More': You can allow your respondents to add more than one response for the same field.
- Create Notification if Form Abandoned: Automatically generates a notification if the form was abandoned. You can edit default content via Notifications.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Select icon: Add an icon to your field's label.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: