Multiple Choice Field: How to Use & Edit
Need to allow your respondents to select more than one option? The Multiple Choice field already has the validations you need.
1. Select your form
To add a Multiple Choice Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Multiple Choice Field
You’ll find the Multiple Choice Field in the builder’s Toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
3. Edit the Multiple Choice Field
Make sure the Multiple Choice Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users, or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Values: If you want to add your own choices, instead of a predefined list, you can add and edit them here.
- Add "other" option: Allow a respondent to add their own answer. If this is switch ON, you can edit the Value text (default is "Other") and the Label (default is "Fill if "Other").
You can set up each of the choices in your Choice field to have "weight" that shows up in your results.
Pro Tip: Use Choice Weights to calculate and quote prices in real-time.
Select how many columns (if any) you want your choices to appear as.
- Randomize: Have the choices appear in a different and random order every time it's viewed.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Dynamic list: Import a list from Google Sheets, as explained here.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: