Price field: How to Set up & EditA common question from a business to a customer is: What is your budget for this project/goal? The Price field comes with important validators and pre-settings that can help you get your data correctly.
1. Select your form
To add a Number Field to a form you need to login to MightyForms App, then:
- Select an existing form from your dashboard
- Create a new form from scratch
- Select one of the Templates
- or Transfer an existing Form
2. Drag & Drop the Price Field
You’ll find the Price Field in the builder’s Element toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag & drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
3. Edit the Price Field
Make sure the Price Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of your Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users or be invisible to users.
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field.
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Description: You can add a more descriptive text here, it will show below the field in the published form.
- Placeholder: Some text that shows on your field until your user fills it in.
- Currency: If you need to, set a specific currency.
- Default Value: The text that will show on your field by default.
Plus Advanced Settings, that include:
- Enable 'Add More': You can allow your respondents to add more than one response for the same field.
- Min. Value: Set a more specific minimum value.
- Max. Value: Set a more specific maximum value limit to the response.
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Select icon: Add an icon to your field's label.
- Field Key: Use this field key to pre-populate your online forms. Learn more.
Here's how some of these settings appear visually: