The signature field is perfect for digital documents or contracts that you publish using MightyForms. Your users can fill out and sign your online forms with this simple field.
First thing you need to do is login to your MightyForms app.
1. Select a Form
2. Click 'Edit'
With the selected form open, click on 'Edit'.
3. Drag & Drop Signature Field
To add a signature field look to the left corner of the page where your builder toolbox is, and either scroll until you find it, or type 'Signature' in the search box.
Once you find it, simply select, drag and drop the field where you want it on the form.
Feel free to resize it any way you like.
4. Customize Settings
To edit the field, select it by clicking on it once. Its Basic and Advanced Settings will show on a toolbox on the right-hand corner of the builder.
- Label: Give a different name to your field. For example: 'Sign here', 'Your Signature', 'Signature', etc.
- Placeholder: Add a placeholder value as an example to your user.
- Input type: Choose between Draw Signature (user draws their signature with their cursor) and Type Signature (user types out their signature with their keyboard)
- Enable Upload Signature: Check this box to allow your users to upload a file of their e-signature.
- Show label: Check this box so that the label of this field is visible to your users.
- Tooltip text: Add a quick text explaining the field to your users. This pops up when they hover their cursor of the tooltip symbol: