If you want to add a field to your online form that asks for the user to fill in some kind of Text, your best bet is to add an Input Field.
1. Select your form
2. Click 'Edit'
If you’ve selected an existing form, look at the upper right corner of your form and select ‘Edit’.
3. Drag & Drop the Input Field
You’ll find the Input Field in the builder’s Element toolbox. You can click on the + sign to simply add it to the bottom of your form. Or you can select, drag and drop the field anywhere you like in your form.
4. Edit Input Field
Make sure the Input Field you’ve added to your form is selected so that its unique Settings options show on the right corner of you Builder's dashboard.
Here you can edit:
- Status: Choose if you want this field to accept a user submission, only be visible to users or be invisible to users.
- Label: Describe the information you need from your user (name, street address, job position, etc).
- Placeholder: Some text that shows on your field until your user fills it in.
- Default Value: The text that will show on your field by default
- Required: Check this box so that your user can't submit the form before filling this field
- Show label: Check this box if you want your field label to show
- Tooltip text: Add a message to your users when they hover their cursor over the tooltip symbol.
- Select icon: Add an icon to your field's label.
Read more on how to edit a form's Design.